Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
Meet at 19:30 unless otherwise shown.
For two pub socials (including a presentation or scoring) meet at 19:30, second pub 21:00. For three pub socials meet at 19:30, second pub 20:10, third at 21:00. Beer Festival session times published separately.
Tuesday 3 December - Branch Meeting - Red Lion, Willingdon
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch. North East Sussex
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2019
Club of the Year 2019
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, Branch Club of the Year.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2019
Our Branch was Website Finalist 2019. We are very pleased with this significant accolade
Just open, Brickmakers Alehouse, 27 Sea Road, Bexhill. 01424 602778. Bexhill's first micro pub. Owned and run by two local CAMRA members. 4 to 6 real ales. See their site for details.
Recently reopened by new owners The Junction 99 Station Road, Polegate. BN26 6EB.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2019
PoTY Trip 4.5.19. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2020
Out now Sussex Drinker Winter 2019
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2019 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:01 : Are you a keen musician? Don't forget to enter our podcast jingle competition! 🎵 We're looking for a jingle to feature in an upcoming podcast. Send your jingles to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 Dec for a chance to win! Full T&Cs 👉 ow.ly/Qoal50xl9Zk pic.twitter.com/eOhTOvRLwl
- Friday, 17:02 : #Christmas is creeping up... are you ready for a festive #FunFactFriday ? ❄️🎅 Join CAMRA today 👉 ow.ly/JLDA50rrTZy pic.twitter.com/fZ2EOi3SnA
- Friday, 14:00 : Did you know that @BanninghamCrown in Norfolk runs a Friday Lunch Club every month? It's a great opportunity for people in the local community to get out, meet others and make friends! Today they will be hosting their annual Christmas - we wish them a cracking time! 🎅🎄🎁❄️
- Thursday, 16:45 : Licensees! We're highlighting the important roles that pubs play in ending loneliness. Do you run any activities or events ar your pub to help people socialise + make new friends? Email email@example.com or comment 👇 Read about our campaign ➡️ camra.org.uk/loneliness/
- Thursday, 12:30 : Did you see our competition announcement on Monday? 🎵 We're after a jingle to feature in an upcoming podcast! Are you a keen musician? Send your jingles to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 Dec for a chance to win! Full T&Cs 👉 camra.org.uk/competition-te… pic.twitter.com/TlBetkRmp9