Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
All start 8pm unless stated otherwise.
Saturday 9 December - Christmas Drink, 5 p.m., start at Welcome, St. Leonards, followed by North Star, Dripping Spring, Tower
See Branch Diary for all events
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north.
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
Pub of the Year 2017
Congratulations to Louisa of the The Tower, St. Leonards , 2017 Branch Pub of the Year!!
Club of the Year 2017
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, 2017 Branch Club of the Year and additionally 2016 National Camra Club of the Year. A brilliant and most deserved achievement, beating more than 28,000 other clubs. See Camra Club of the Year Award Presentation 2016 for the presentation details and photos.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2017
Eastbourne Beer Festival 2017 report
PoTY trip 13 May 2017. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2018
Out now Sussex Drinker Winter 2017
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2017 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 13:35 : A twice regional #POTY winner, the friendly @CricksArmsWA10 has 13 handpumps on the bar and an excellent selection… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 13:30 : We’re ready to share some #WednesdayWisdom about our #POTY finalist @CricksArmsWA10… pic.twitter.com/Q4k9nNJRht
- Wednesday, 11:45 : ICYMI: The Albatross Club (RAFA) in Bexhill-on-Sea, @real_ale_farm in Gilfach Fargoed, Appleton Thorn Village Farm… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Monday 4th December, 16:52 : CAMRA will be welcoming a new National Chairman in April next year, when Colin Valentine will hand over the mantle… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Monday 4th December, 14:15 : RT @beeryeti: Need the perfect Xmas gift? The @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide is an EPIC shout. Edited by #legend @RogerProtzBeer… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…