Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
All start 8pm unless stated otherwise.
Monday 4 June -Branch Meeting - Alma Arms, Uckfield.
See Branch Diary for all events
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch. North East Sussex
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2018
Congratulations to Rajh and Tim of the The Standard Inn Rye, 2018 Branch Pub of the Year!!
Club of the Year 2018
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, 2018 Branch Club of the Year and additionally 2016 National Camra Club of the Year. A brilliant and most deserved achievement, beating more than 28,000 other clubs. See Camra Club of the Year Award Presentation 2016 for the presentation details and photos.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2018
Congratulations to George Hotel , Hailsham. 2018 Cider/Perry pub of the year!!
New micropub opens in Rye on Friday 4 May. Waterworks Micropub, Tower Street .TN31 7AT. 07974 941393.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2017
Eastbourne Beer Festival 2017 report
PoTY trip 13 May 2017. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2018
Out now Sussex Drinker Summer 2018
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2017 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 18:15 : 71 MPs have now signed to support Early Day Motion 1233, which asks for the Government to take further steps to sup… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 11:45 : A #bankholiday weekend is the perfect time to visit a pub - and the Good Beer Guide app is the perfect companion!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 19:10 : It's a weekend full of beer festivals! Take your pick from the Kidbrooke Beer & Cider Festival organised by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 17:10 : We're now out of the office until Tuesday - have a great bank holiday weekend! 🍻
- Friday, 14:30 : It's approaching the end of #CiderMonth so we want to know all about the cider you've discovered during May. Have… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…