Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
Meet at 19:30 unless otherwise shown.
For two pub socials (including a presentation or scoring) meet at 19:30, second pub 21:00. For three pub socials meet at 19:30, second pub 20:10, third at 21:00. Beer Festival session times published separately.
Saturday 29 February - Cider PoTY Tour - Start 11.30 George Hotel Hailsham, then to Rye, Hastings & St. Leonards.
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch.
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the National CAMRA national web site, for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2019
Club of the Year 2019
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, Branch Club of the Year.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2019
Our Branch was Website Finalist 2019. We are very pleased with this significant accolade
See informative Brickmakers Article about its opening days.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2019. See Branch Reports for write up and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2020
Out now Sussex Drinker Spring 2020
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2019 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Beer & Cider Staffing form 2020
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 16:59 : #FourMinutesToSaveALife follows a delivery driver who realises that he's the only human contact some people on his round have all day – so he sets out to try and help them find friends in each other. We love how many pubs take it upon themselves to help others in this way too ❤️
- Thursday, 11:30 : Commenting on the release of the report “Unlocking Pubs’ Potential” by the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group, please find the below comment from Nik Antona, CAMRA National Chairman ➡️ ow.ly/a99l50yxkAo Read more about the report on the @morningad 👇 twitter.com/morningad/stat… pic.twitter.com/VodrEEr8fs
- Thursday, 09:49 : RT @annastuartbooks: Cheers all - a good beer and a good book, what more could you want? If that's you, then RT and tweet your #mypubstory to @CAMRA_Official for a chance to win a copy of Four Minutes to Save a Life and The Good Beer Guide 2020. I'll drink to that!! pic.twitter.com/M1MNJfmKrV
- Wednesday, 10:54 : RT @Jocoxbrown: @CAMRA_London @morningad Don't miss the opportunity to have your say on the Late Night Levy in London, we are performing a review of the Late Night Levy on behalf of @MOPACLdn and GLA surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LDN-LNL
- Wednesday, 17:04 : Don't forget to take part in our #MyPubStory competition! More information below 👇✨ twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…