Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
Meet at 19:30 unless otherwise shown.
For two pub socials (including a presentation or scoring) meet at 19:30, second pub 21:00. For three pub socials meet at 19:30, second pub 20:10, third at 21:00. Beer Festival session times published separately.
Tuesday 26 March - Social - King’s Head, Hailsham; George Hotel, Hailsham; Grenadier, Hailsham
See Branch Diary for all events
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch. North East Sussex
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2018
Congratulations to Rajh and Tim of the The Standard Inn Rye, 2018 Branch Pub of the Year!!
Club of the Year 2018
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, 2018 Branch Club of the Year and additionally 2016 National Camra Club of the Year. A brilliant and most deserved achievement, beating more than 28,000 other clubs. See Camra Club of the Year Award Presentation 2016 for the presentation details and photos.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2018
Congratulations to George Hotel , Hailsham. 2018 Cider/Perry pub of the year!!
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2018 and 2019
Battle Organic Cider 10.1.19. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2019
Out now Sussex Drinker Spring 2019
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2019 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : 1 week to #MothersDay! Why not pick the perfect pub for a special Sunday lunch with your Mum? Enjoy precious fami… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 12:00 : RT @CAMRA_AGM: You can now read the full list of Motions for conference, in advance of CAMRA's Members' Weekend, AGM & Conference!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 17:20 : It's that time again! The new edition of What's Brewing is live now ✍️🗞 Check it out online 👉… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 12:21 : RT @gbbf: Early bird tickets are officially sold out! 🎟✅ We can’t wait to see you all at Olympia London soon 🍻 Don’t worry i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 12:01 : Not one, but 3️⃣ CAMRA beer festivals launch today, just in time for the weekend! The 29th @SussexBeerFest, the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…