Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
All start 8pm unless stated otherwise.
Tuesday 23 January - Hurst Arms, Eastbourne; Eagle, Eastbourne
See Branch Diary for all events
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north.
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
Pub of the Year 2017
Congratulations to Louisa of the The Tower, St. Leonards , 2017 Branch Pub of the Year!!
Club of the Year 2017
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, 2017 Branch Club of the Year and additionally 2016 National Camra Club of the Year. A brilliant and most deserved achievement, beating more than 28,000 other clubs. See Camra Club of the Year Award Presentation 2016 for the presentation details and photos.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2017
Eastbourne Beer Festival 2017 report
PoTY trip 13 May 2017. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2018
Out now Sussex Drinker Winter 2017
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2017 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 09:57 : RT @morningad: Tracey Crouch MP has been appointed as the Government's minister for loneliness - comment from @CAMRA_Official… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 13:35 : The @cambeerfest starts today and runs until Saturday. The festival aims to have an emphasis on the darker, riche… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 12:19 : CAMRA National Executive member Ian Hill and chief executive Tim Page will be explaining the proposed Revitalisatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday, 18:30 : CAMRA Books have a new discounted books section on the shop, featuring some great titles at even greater prices. Do… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday, 18:03 : Find out how Revitalisation might change CAMRA and how to have a say in #camrabigdecision at the Greater Manchester… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…