Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
Due to the advice from government, it is with great regret that we must cancel all CAMRA planned gatherings. The situation will be reviewed as circumstances permit
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch.
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the National CAMRA national web site, for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2020
Club of the Year 2020
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, Branch Club of the Year.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2020
CAMRA Launches Pulling Together Campaign
Pubs, breweries and brewery bars are fighting for their very survival against the Coronavirus. Many are finding different and innovative ways to help their businesses weather the crisis -whether this is by launching hot food deliveries, encouraging locals to buy ‘gift cards’ for the summer or crowdfunding. There are plenty of ways that you can help support your favourite local business during this time of crisis, whilst adhering to the Government advice on social distancing measures. To find more pubs offering takeaway or delivery services, please visit https://whatpub.com/. CAMRA also has a list of breweries offering these services, which is available both on https://www.beerishere.org/ and https://camra.org.uk/pullingtogether/ Join the online community! Nothing can replace the local pub, but at CAMRA we are striving to bring people together to combat loneliness and isolation imposed by these times. Why join the online community? You can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/pullingtogetherforpubspintsandpeople/
Our Branch was Website Finalist 2019. We are very pleased with this significant accolade
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2020. See Branch Reports for write up and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2021
Out now Sussex Drinker Winter 2020 - due to Coronavirus, published solely as an on line edition.
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2020 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:00 : Have you nominated your local for the @BIIandBIIAB 'Heart of the Community' Award? The award aims to champion the community and social value of pubs & highlight individual cases of community spirit. Nominations are open until 31 December! ❤️ 👉 ow.ly/NVs050CtBql pic.twitter.com/JeKbdw4i1k
- Friday, 15:01 : Have you seen Pete Brown's fantastic new book Beer By Design? Well there's more where that came from! Visit Pete's blog at beerbydesign.co.uk and give him a follow 👉 @BeerByDesignUK1
- Thursday, 19:07 : RT @NeilBibby: Delighted @ScotParl has tonight voted overwhelmingly for the Tied Pubs Bill to pass Stage 1. Thanks to MSPs from all parties who want to give Scotland’s Tied Pubs a fairer deal. I look forward to working across parties to progress this vital legislation in the coming weeks. pic.twitter.com/7NYGkoMFIt
- Thursday, 19:01 : Gearing up for #BlackFriday? 🛍️ Order some local beer, cider or perry to get you through! Keep supporting your local pub or brewery using #Brew2You ➡️ brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/cfVGupTMs4
- Thursday, 18:50 : MSPs in the Scottish Parliament have just voted in favour of the principles of @NeilBibby's Tied Pubs Bill - which gives tied tenants a fair deal & improves consumer choice at the bar. Thank you @jamiehepburn @scotgov @scottishlabour @scotlibdems @scotgp @theSNP & @ScotTories 🍻