Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
Meet at 19:30 unless otherwise shown.
For two pub socials (including a presentation or scoring) meet at 19:30, second pub 21:00. For three pub socials meet at 19:30, second pub 20:10, third at 21:00. Beer Festival session times published separately.
Wednesday 17 July - Social - Roebuck, Laughton, Blacksmiths Arms, Halland and Brickmakers, Uckfield.
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch. North East Sussex
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2019
Club of the Year 2019
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, Branch Club of the Year.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2019
Our Branch was Website Finalist 2019. We are very pleased with this significant accolade
Eastbourne Beer Festival
We need your help please to once again make this a great success. See Eastbourne Staffing Form and please give what time you can. You don't need to be a CAMRA member to volunteer. Many thanks.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2019
PoTY Trip 4.5.19. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2019
Out now Sussex Drinker Summer 2019
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2019 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 17:25 : London pubs 🚨 Are you planning to host fringe events from 6-10 August to coincide with @gbbf this #SummerOfPub? ☀️… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 15:49 : RT @gbbf: Our 2019 Festival Floor plan is here! 🎉Take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the layout so you can plan y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 15:47 : It's almost time for the weekend! Which also means it's #FunFactFriday 🍻 Some wise words this week. 👉… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 17:15 : Are you fighting to save your local pub? An upcoming @BBCTwo series will be looking into British pubs under threat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 14:23 : Coming up - we are recommending 100 pubs to visit this #SummerofPub☀️ We'll be sharing 10 pubs in 10 categories, i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…