Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
All start 8pm unless stated otherwise.
Tuesday 24 July -Social - Olde Smugglers Inn, Alfriston; Sussex Ox, Milton Street.
See Branch Diary for all events
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch. North East Sussex
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2018
Congratulations to Rajh and Tim of the The Standard Inn Rye, 2018 Branch Pub of the Year!!
Club of the Year 2018
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, 2018 Branch Club of the Year and additionally 2016 National Camra Club of the Year. A brilliant and most deserved achievement, beating more than 28,000 other clubs. See Camra Club of the Year Award Presentation 2016 for the presentation details and photos.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2018
Congratulations to George Hotel , Hailsham. 2018 Cider/Perry pub of the year!!
The Stage Door 10 Compton Street, Eastbourne BN21 4BW. 01323 733851. Formerly the Buccaneer, this pub reopens on Monday 18 June after complete refurbishment.
New micropub opens in Rye on Friday 4 May. Waterworks Micropub, Tower Street .TN31 7AT. 07974 941393.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2018
PoTY trip 19 May 2018. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2018
Out now Sussex Drinker Summer 2018
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2018 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 18:55 : Out now! CAMRA's Peak District Pub Walks is a pocket-sized travellers’ guide to some of the best pubs + walking rou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 13:15 : RT @LongLiveLocals: Pubs are under a range of tax pressures, including Beer Duty, Business Rates and VAT. Today 1 in every 3 pounds spe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 11:59 : Congratulations to @LongLiveLocals on a successful campaign launch - we are very supportive of the initiative and i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 20:05 : .@FlyLoganair are offering up to 30% off flights for members attending the 2019 CAMRA Members' Weekend, AGM and Con… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 19:30 : Thanks to Bob Steel for joining us for our #AskBob Q&A session and for all of your questions! If you've been insp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…