Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
Due to the advice from government, it with great regret that we must cancel all CAMRA gatherings planned between now and the end of June. The situation will be reviewed nearer that time.
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north. The northern area, north of a line from Uckfield to Burwash, is covered by the North East Sussex sub-branch.
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the National CAMRA national web site, for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
|and||sign in to Google Account to use calendar|
Pub of the Year 2020
Club of the Year 2020
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, Branch Club of the Year.
Cider/Perry Pub of the Year 2020
CAMRA Launches Pulling Together Campaign
Pubs, breweries and brewery bars are fighting for their very survival against the Coronavirus. Many are finding different and innovative ways to help their businesses weather the crisis -whether this is by launching hot food deliveries, encouraging locals to buy ‘gift cards’ for the summer or crowdfunding. There are plenty of ways that you can help support your favourite local business during this time of crisis, whilst adhering to the Government advice on social distancing measures. To find more pubs offering takeaway or delivery services, please visit https://whatpub.com/. CAMRA also has a list of breweries offering these services, which is available both on https://www.beerishere.org/ and https://camra.org.uk/pullingtogether/ Join the online community! Nothing can replace the local pub, but at CAMRA we are striving to bring people together to combat loneliness and isolation imposed by these times. Why join the online community? You can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/pullingtogetherforpubspintsandpeople/
Our Branch was Website Finalist 2019. We are very pleased with this significant accolade
See informative Brickmakers Article about its opening days.
Branch Pub and Brewery Presentations 2020. See Branch Reports for write up and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2020
Out now Sussex Drinker Spring 2020
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2020 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:00 : As Britain’s pub-goers and publicans face weeks of pub closures, we are offering a virtual education session on how to keep, store and serve real ale to coincide with the launch of our latest book, ‘Cellarmanship’ by Patrick O’Neill. 🍻 Learn more 👉ow.ly/NrJD50yXP04 pic.twitter.com/YCzO1gU2Lu
- Sunday, 10:30 : The @morningad has joined forces with trade leaders and media bodies, such as @RestaurantMagUK and @BigHospitality to launch the #UnitedWeStand campaign, to help the sector overcome the coronavirus pandemic. Read about the campaign on their website! 👉 ow.ly/RKMZ50yXOFd pic.twitter.com/ulCZNASzGV
- Saturday, 12:30 : Did you see our news yesterday? 👀 Submit your questions to email@example.com all about keeping, storing & serving real ale - @CAMRABooks’ author Patrick O’Neill will answer them on Friday, during our virtual education session! 🍻 Read more 👉 ow.ly/PCtY50yXObo pic.twitter.com/iBoxrg7wzo
- Saturday, 10:00 : .@HospAction are urgently seeking donations to their COVID-19 Emergency Appeal, to help build a significant fund to make a one-off award to eligible hospitality workers facing hardship as a result of the pandemic. Learn more online #pullingtogether 👉 hospitalityaction.org.uk pic.twitter.com/ePPtqRm21L
- Friday, 17:00 : Next week, we are offering a virtual education session on how to keep, store and serve real ale to coincide with the launch of @CAMRABooks' latest title, ‘Cellarmanship’ by Patrick O’Neill 📚 #pullingtogether pic.twitter.com/OMtg2eLLln