Housed in a building dating from 1718, this was originally the town’s waterworks, later a soup kitchen, a public toilet, an antique shop and from May 2018, the area’s first micropub. At the time of the carefully managed conversion, the bases for two soup containers were discovered and remain uncovered to view, these date from 1907. Its earlier use as the town's water pumping station is thought to involve a wheel powered by two horses.
Nine beers are sourced from a variety of breweries, all within 20 miles of the pub, ciders are similarly local. Home made pork pies and Scotch eggs are available.