Red LionHooe Common
Built in 1495 as a farmhouse with a large estate, in 1635 it became the Red Lion. Smugglers and customs officers clashed here often until 1805 when it became a post house. In the nineteenth century the large stables enabled the inn to offer a livery service. The pub has two main beamed bars, a public with wooden floor, also a snug and a restaurant / function room upstairs including two inglenook fireplaces. Home cooked food, locally sourced where possible, is offered.