Albion33 George Street
Formerly the Royal Albion and first licensed for drinks in 1730 this spacious former hotel has been tastefully refurbished with many improvements including a stage for live music, beautifully designed bar tops and stylish furniture. There is a smaller bar which can be shut off as a small function room and a separate larger bar. It has kept its traditional ambience as a Wiiliam Youngers house complete with tartan panels. It has six hand pumps and the food menu is continually changing. Up to six changing real ciders from Sussex and Kent are served from boxes in the 'Marine Parade' bar. The pub fronts onto two streets, it can be entered from Marine Parade or George Street, the first picture (above) is taken from Marine Parade, the second from George Street. The final two pictures show the pub in its days as the Royal Albion, retained for interest to show how much it has been renovated. The first of these was taken from George Street, the second from Marine Parade with an outside seating area.