Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
All start 8pm unless stated otherwise.
Wednesday 7 December - Branch Meeting - London & County, Eastbourne
See Branch Diary for all events
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north.
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
Pub of the Year 2016
Congratulations to Louisa of the The Tower, St. Leonards , 2016 Branch Pub of the Year!!
Club of the Year 2016
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, 2016 Branch Club of the Year and additionally 2016 National Camra Club of the Year. A brilliant and most deserved achievement, beating more than 28,000 other clubs. See Camra Club of the Year Award Presentation 2016 for the presentation details and photos.
Eastbourne Beer Festival 2016 report
Visit to Three Legs Brewery 27 August 2016. See Branch Reports for reports and photos.
Now available Good Beer Guide 2017
Out now Sussex Drinker Winter 2016
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2016 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
North East Sussex Sub-branch Twitter Follow their activities, local pubs and beer info here.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 17:00 : We are teaming up with @talkwithami to tackle loneliness in Oxford! Join @OxfordDrinker at the pub and make friends ow.ly/nLzI306PnAc
- Sunday, 10:58 : RT @historyreynolds: Finally finished my @CAMRA_Official London Pubs Walk book! Now to find another set of walks! twitter.com/pablodiablo74/…
- Sunday, 17:12 : RT @CAMRACaSC: The Centurion will be presented with their @CAMRA_Official Pub Saving award this Saturday 8pm. All are welcome to come along and celebrate 👍
- Monday, 10:41 : RT @CAMRABooks: On #InternationalVolunteerDay proud to applaud the unpaid, unstinting work in campaigning, running festivals etc of @CAMRA_Official members.
- Sunday, 12:00 : Just 3 weeks left until #Christmas! Make sure to get your gifts lined up today and visit us: ow.ly/Q2yP306HscJ pic.twitter.com/gjAgQrJSfI