Welcome to the CAMRA South East Sussex Branch Website
All start 8pm unless stated otherwise.
Saturday 27 August - Social - Three Legs meet at 1pm, (bus number 2 for Broad Oak departs Hastings Station at 12:20)
See Branch Diary for all events
Our branch covers a large area of Sussex, from the Seven Sisters to Camber along the coast and up the Kent border to the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells to the north.
As the local CAMRA branch, we actively promote good real ale in local pubs. We campaign to save pubs and breweries from closure. Please see the national web site, http://www.camra.org.uk/ for full details of what CAMRA is about.
The Branch selects pubs and clubs to be listed in the national CAMRA Good Beer Guide, published annually. We collate data for the national Whatpub website, available to members and non-members alike for full information about pubs. Members also rate beer in pubs and clubs through WhatPub; we would invite all members to participate in this, by following this Whatpub link. In parallel with this, we make a number of awards to local Pubs and Clubs of the Year.
A highlight of our activities is the annual beer festival in Eastbourne, run in conjunction with the Events Team of Eastbourne Borough Council. This is a three day event held in early October, now in its twelfth year. The CAMRA branch takes responsibility for selecting, presenting and serving the beer. Beer of the Festival awards are made to local and far away breweries. See website: Eastbourne Beer Festival
We meet regularly in local pubs and welcome all members. For full details of Branch Activities, please follow the Branch Diary link.
Pub of the Year 2016
Congratulations to Louisa of the The Tower, St. Leonards , 2016 Branch Pub of the Year!!
Club of the Year 2016
Congratulations to Karen and Peter of the Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill, 2016 Branch Club of the Year and additionally 2016 National Camra Club of the Year. A brilliant and most deserved achievement, beating more than 28,000 other clubs. See Branch Reports for the presentation details and photos.
Out now Sussex Drinker Autumn 2016
Bus to the Pub Follow the link for the 2016 programme of activities, avoid using the car and join a group of like minded members for enjoyable outings.
North East Sussex Sub-branch Twitter Follow their activities, local pubs and beer info here.
Albatross Club RAFA, Bexhill Bexhill and Sidley Working Men's Club welcome all Camra members. Just sign in and pay £1.
Eagle Eastbourne Press Release Cask Ale Club. The Club offers their customers a wider range of real ale at a reduced price.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 12:00 : We've just released the much-anticipated new edition of Britain’s Best Real Heritage Pubs ow.ly/1y9g303uBDb pic.twitter.com/fAUdrFN2TZ
- Monday, 22:29 : RT @CRRosenstiel: @BBCRadio4 World Tonight @camcitco used Article 4 directions to protect its pubs several years ago. What kept Wandsworth? @CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 19:14 : RT @lathkilhotel: @CAMRA_Official why not head out to the #peakdistrict for our #BeerFestival? #realale #livemusic #pubinthepeaks pic.twitter.com/0zwXudMuYC
- Tuesday, 08:00 : Find out why the @shfCAMRA are campaigning to save the University Arms ow.ly/G9bj303uyHG
- Monday, 17:58 : RT @TheNarrows13: @PrescottAles @WhiteHorseBrew @Adnams @SharpsBrewery @westberksbrew @CAMRA_Official today's ales pic.twitter.com/e6M1RAFL5E